Thursday 17 July 2008

Cycle nut Dale's Canada can-do!


Didcot Dad Dale Sutcliffe is attempting an epic cycle challenge, to cross Canada in just over a month, hoping to raise over £2000 for the British Heart Foundation and BMS World Mission in the process.

Setting off from Vancouver on Thursday, 24th July, Dale plans to cycle 4060 miles at a rate of 120 miles per day, until he reaches his destination of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Dale, who teaches in the Newbury area, explains:

"At 45, I am at that crazy stage of life where I like to set myself challenges. The first one was cycling from Lands End to John O’Groats 3 years ago, but now I am going for the big one. My wife and children think I must be mad but they are all being very supportive. I am a focused person, so unless a leg drops off, I intend to finish come hell or high water".

Show your support for Dale at: www.justgiving.com/crosscanadacycle

Let us know about any other epic BHF fundraising challenges you or a friend are taking part in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dale! Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Patricia B.