Thursday 10 September 2009

What's it like to be 21 and waiting for a heart op?

"In a weird way I am looking forward to the operation now, but as it is a few weeks away I need to concentrate on my pending exams that I am taking. I have to do my exams in summer as I had an operation during the usual exam time. Annoying, but again my health comes first."

Leanne (pictured above right) is 21 and has a congenital heart condition. She's currently waiting to undergo a heart valve operation.

The passage above is taken from a regular blog in which Leanne is going to be sharing her experiences on our young people's website yheart - you can read her first post here

Let Leanne and us know what you think about her blog by posting a comment below.

3 comments:

Archangelbladewyn said...

I hope all goes well with your operation. God be with you.

Anonymous said...

Leanne - Most of us waiting for an op try hopelessly not to think about it. You think about it and bravely carry on. You'll get through with this and any other of life's problems. Courage is the first of all the virtues and you have it.
Bless

George's mum ! said...

Leanne

What valve was replaced? My nearly 16 year old is due to have his aortic valve replaced. Would be nice to know of another youngster who had had the same op.