Tuesday 22 September 2009

The latest from our heart blogger Leanne...

"I think I have gone from six nights a week of going out having fun to lasting six hours before I need a nap - and that’s without a night out or a day at uni.

"Either way I knew it was for the best to head home as my health was slightly more important that seeing Radiohead. And I needed to get over the traumatic experience of being crushed against a burger van by about 100 bored festival goers."

Leanne (pictured above right) is 21 and has a congenital heart condition. She's currently waiting to undergo a heart valve operation.

The passage above is taken from a regular blog in which Leanne is going to be sharing her experiences on our young people's website yheart - you can read her latest post about the Leeds Festival here

Let Leanne and us know what you think about her blog by posting a comment below.

1 comment:

JRB said...

Hi Leanne

Thanks for sharing all your highs and lows with us.

Even as a wrinkly old heart failure patient, I can fully empathise with how your condition must impinge on day to day life.
No, I haven’t been to any festivals, but like you, I find prolonged walking very tiring.

Happy Birthday for when it comes, and forget about the shoes, go for the valve.

Keep the blog entries coming.

John

Ps How do you destroy a hoover and an iron at one and the same time. Do tell. Such a ploy could permanently excuse me from domestic duties.