Tuesday 5 October 2010

Diane asks about cardiac rehab publicity

Diane Asks: “I would like to ask why more G.Ps are not referring Heart Failure Patients for Cardiac Rehab...I was told I’m a candidate for this but that they don’t have enough Heart Failure Patients to do group work with because they are not getting the referrals. I live in Edinburgh and I spoke to my G.P last week about this and he thanked me for the information he will now start referring patients from his surgery.... defiantly a Lack of communication somewhere between G.Ps and Health Authorities I think.

The BHF believes that wherever appropriate heart patients should be referred to cardiac rehab. We have been campaigning hard on this and there is lots of info on our website campaign pages. At the moment only around half of the patients whom we believe would benefit from cardiac rehab are actually getting it. We want to see this change and actions like you've taken help this. You can also help us by getting your GP to get in contact with our Medical Director Peter Weissberg (weissbergp@bhf.org.uk) and we will get your GP the information he needs.

If you'd like to help us with the campaign please contact us directly (Keith Lewis - lewisk@bhf.org.uk).

No comments: