Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Live blog with nurse Judy

Linda Hill asked on Facebook:

"hiya judy, can I ask a question about me heart condition please, i have a bp of 200 over 170 and i have cardiomyopathy,my heart also is thickening due to the bp,i feel pooly and out of breath quite a lot and have bad palpitations is that caused by the thickening and he,s the biggy can they reverse the damage,im on a lot of medication to try to control my bp,ive also had 24hrs monitors and even when im a sleep my bp is surging in to the highs thanks :0) im 46."

Nurse Judy says: "Sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well. Cardiomyopthy is not a reversable condition, but the symptoms can be improved and controlled. Some people respond very well to treatment, but it depends on the type of cardiomyopthy you have have and whether or not you have any other chronic conditions.

Your blood pressure is still uncontrolled, so I would advice that you need to see your GP as soon as possible. It might be worth asking him to refer you to the cardiologist for more specialist support.

I hope you get better soon, thank you for asking your question. We have booklets on different types of cardiomyopthy - you can find out more on our website."

No comments: