Tuesday 17 August 2010

Live chat with nurse Judy

George asks: "I am 38 had my heart attack in october 2009 i continually keep getting back pain and colds as well as discomfort on my left hand sude while i am sitting down no fear over another heart attack but i am worried if this is normal or not and any suggestions about the cold."

Judy says:

"I am sorry to hear that you had a heart attack so young. Your symptoms are not common so I am not sure if they are related to your heart condition or not. Its not typical of heart disease to only experience pain on sitting down nor to suffer from head colds regularly. But I am not in a position to make a diagnosis for you or suggest what could be the cause of your symptoms.

It would wise to report your symptoms to your GP who could arrange tests for you. If you do expereince chest pain again you should call 999 immediately as it could be another heart attack. I hope that you will feel better soon. We have a range of booklets for people who have had a heart attack including: ‘heart attack’, ‘Returning to work with a heart condition’ and ‘cardiac rehabilitation’ which I hope you will find useful."

No comments: